Sunday, July 18, 2004

It was a plant officer

I was chatting to my friend Janie and she reminded me of the last time I stayed at her house and we got horridly drunk.
 
I was sleeping downstairs in her lounge but had to get up early for work. 
  
At 6.00am the next morning in that alcohol-induced euphoria you experience before the hangover kicks in, I thought it would be a good idea to fill her front room with foliage. 
 
I spent about an hour going around the estate she lives on picking up every potted plant I could find in her neighbours' gardens.
 
By the time I left, there were approximately 250 plants on her lounge floor, including a couple of small trees.
 
She still hasn't managed to find rightful owners for all of them.
 
I reminded her she hadn't invited me round since. 'Hmmm', she said. 

No comments: